- The Salvation Army provides assistance to those in need 365 days a year.
- Founded by William Booth in 1865, The Salvation Army is an international organization that meets the physical and spiritual needs of people in 116 countries around the globe, without discrimination.
- With nearly 7,700 centers of operation in the United States, The Salvation Army assists about 29 million individuals nationwide throughout the year - almost 4.5 million of those during the holiday season alone.
- About 83% of your donation to The Salvation Army goes directly to program funding to help people who need it most.
- The Salvation Army operates several domestic violence shelters nationwide, where abused women and children can get a fresh start in life, safely and confidentially.
- When you shop at Salvation Army thrift stores, you are supporting adult rehabilitation centers that annually help more than 340,000 people from every walk of life fight substance abuse and return to their communities as participating, contributing members.
We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and that they only constitute the Divine rule of Christian faith and practice.
We believe that there is only one God, who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.
We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power and glory.
We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
We believe that our first parents were created in a state of innocence, but by their disobedience, they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall, all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God.
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has by His suffering and death made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever will may be saved.
We believe that repentance toward God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are necessary to salvation.
We believe that we are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself.
We believe that continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
We believe that it is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe in the immortality of the soul, the resurrection of the body, in the general judgment at the end of the world, in the eternal happiness of the righteous, and in the endless punishment of the wicked.
The Salvation Army in Modesto is advised with the assistance of local business and civic leaders. Advisory Board members assist The Army in achieving its mission, purpose and objectives through the contribution of their work, wealth, and wisdom.
Chairperson: John Bree, Sutter Creek Vineyards
Vice-Chairperson: Richard Farrell, Sales, Manufacturers Rep.
Secretary: Denise Costa
Treasurer: Larry Dempsey, Sutter Health
Previous Past Chair: Pete Michelini, Sign Designs
Kristi Ah You, Managing Partner, Franklin and Downs
Chris Currie, ITSolutions Currie
Ralph Curtis, Curtis Legal Group
Ron Davenport,Oak Valley Community Bank
Jim Devenport, Cranbrook Group, Inc.
Tim Fisher, Architect (retired)
Bob Friedberger, Rancher
Ramsin Ganji, Merrill Lynch
Richard Hagerty, Real Estate Development
Lucille Hammer, MOCSE Federal Credit Union (retired)
Rev. Dave Kerr, Trinity United Presbyterian Church
Steve Madison, Building Industry Association of Central CA
Steve Mitchell, Memorial Medical Center
Bill Morris, Morris Nursery
Patty Stone, Stanislaus Community Foundation
Larry Dempsey - Damrell Nelson Shrimp Pallios Pacher & Silva
Adam Christanson - Sherriff, Stanislaus County
Kathy Jepson - Retired Teacher/Administrator
Bob Taylor, retired high school principal
Bob and Marie Gallo
Roy and Ruth Phillips
Albert "Buz" Carrade
Hon. Richardo Cordova
Rev. Charlie Crane
Mark Van Overbeek
Tom Van Groningen
Salvation Army, Modesto Citadel Corps
625 I Street
Modesto, CA 95354
Social Services is located at the Modesto Citadel Corps and can be reached at: 209.523.7577.
Berberian Homeless and Transition Shelter is located at:
320 9th Street
Modesto, CA 95354
For volunteer opportunities, please see here.
For information about The Salvation Army Child Development Center, please see here.
All Media Inquiries should be directed to
, Business Administrator. Please call our office at 209.522.3209 for more information.